share some thoughts

Friday, September 01, 2006

Where is my luggage?

So .. this weekend I am here in the North Coast in the beautiful Alexandria... or Marsa Matrouh... somewhere in between I guess... the weather is good Al hamdulillah... Glad I came.. was thinking of staying in Cairo to catch up with some work. Anyway, yesterday morning we took off ,me , my sweet sis, my dear parents. the trip takes about 4 hours as it is, we also stopped for gas, groceries at carrefour (that took more than an hour!) and a rest in the middle, so after waking up quite early, we finally got there close to 5pm. phew.... a long journey... It was hot.. I was driving and all I wanted to do when I got there was take a shower and a change of clothes. after taking all the bags and groceries from the trunk I noticed something that gave me quite a shock.... my luggage... and roora's was missing!

Where was my stuff! I had told roora to bring them down to the car becuase i was carrying my laptop and papers' bag. she said ok. so now i found out she did not bring them.

I got so angry.... how can anyone go for vacation without luggage? esp. a girl? where is my luggage? well roora only heard the I am leaving part not the rest... a bit of a mixup I guess, but being so tired I got really angry with roora. Poor her, she really got distressed by my outlash rathar than the absence of her stuff as well.

I kept trying to supress my anger... to be the Kazemeen al ghaiz person (do not know how to translate that), don't think I did a great job at that. I tried to be silent... to supress it... it was all bubbling up in side that it came out as laughing... there was pent energy there I guess..

well anyway to make a long story short roora and I went to hammam and got some shorts, pants, t shirts, deodorant...etc. the essentials to get us through the weekend. was frustrated that I could not find suitable things right away..


then i remembered something and felt a bit ashamed of myself... a bit to be honest... not much... but enough to make me quit bothering roora.

Most of the sahaba (Prophet Mohamed PBUH's companions) had very little clothes or any worldly matter.. no matter what their standing. I remember a story about the caliph of the muslims ( I think it was omar ibn el khattab) not sure, well he was late for the friday prayers... and when he showed he said he was late because he was washing his only robe. His ONLY robe, and had to wait till it dried to wear it to prayer. and I was in a fit because I did not have all my stuff for one weekend. and I could buy replacements too! aren't we spoilt?

5 Comments:

  • At 9/02/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said…

    Salaam. Indeed we can learn a lot from the Sahaba, may Allah be pleased with them all.

    Hope you still had a nice vacation!

     
  • At 9/02/2006 12:24 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    I did Alhamdulillah. now I know for a fact that i overpack everytime!

     
  • At 9/02/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Noblese said…

    Very nice post! I always try to travel light but when packing I think this I might need and that I might also need. And at the end I am over-packed.

     
  • At 9/03/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    noblese, thanks,

    as for the packing, now I know that I can make it on very little... I just hope I can put that new piece of info into action

     
  • At 9/06/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Jannah said…

    I'm glad you had fun in your weekend away.

    I applause you for trying to suppress your anger, then bursting out into a laugh. all is better than a mindless fight. Allah yeg3alek dayman 7aleema ya Doshar.

    You & Roora are sisters? I never knew! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home