share some thoughts

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mouse In the House



Yes! But not the Disney show… no no no … I wish.

We have a real live mouse in the house! I think it might be a rat actually… either way….A RODENT!

I hate it… why do I have a mouse in my house? I do not want him around.. not one bit. A couple of nights ago I was walking towards the kitchenette when I saw him running behind the bookcase. Fast, but not fast enough that I did not get a good look at him. I screamed and probably gave the thing a heart attack. Thank God I did not have one myself.. my heart kept pounding for a while and I got so distressed I had to read kids’ fairy tales to just forget about it. I know this sounds petty for a lot of people.. so what a mouse… but I just have this thing.. I hate mice.


So the very next morning I called the exterminator to come and rid me of the mouse/rat. How much will it cost I asked. It is 20 pounds a litre ( a litre of whatever liquid they would use to squirt around the house) and it will take care of all the bugs too. Hurray!! It will probably cost around 100 pounds , I naively thought… and went happily to work… thinking everything will be ok.


The guys came… squirted 600 pounds worth of whatever stuff (600 pounds!!!!) and said the problem is solved… the mouse will die or disappear within 2 hours. Ok mister… you are incredibly expensive…and I feel that you are somewhat of a hustler, but ok, if it takes care of the mouse.

So, last night… no sightings of the mouse… thank God…

So today I was sitting innocently at the computer playing a silly arcade game… then I just glanced down on the floor next to me… there he was… walking right to me!

What was he still doing here? And why was he coming towards me in the computer corner? Wants to check his email? Ah well I screamed again… and I guess that changed his mind and he ran back across the living room and somewhat disappeared under some thing. Where is he? I do not know? why is he not dead? WHY is he still here??


So of course I called the exterminator ( who had given me a 2 year warranty yesterday) and told him that I had hired them to get rid of the mouse… and hey… I just saw one right now. To this he simply asks me: is it the same mouse?

So I said: “Howwa ana hasa7bo 3ashan a3raf walla eh!!!?” (I am supposed to make friends with him and find out?)

Well end of the story… they are coming again tomorrow to allegedly get rid of it AGAIN. I really hope so.

I have a mouse in the house. ME UPSET.

AL Hamdulillah 3ala kol shai2.

8 Comments:

  • At 9/17/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    ok .. here i am trying to stop laughing!! Sorry dear but the way u wrote this and me picturing the whole story was making me laugh. I am pretty sure i would not be laughing if i were in your shoes, but any how...

    I really hope they rid u of that rodent Doshar.. They better bring him dead or alive, that is what u should have told the man the first time ( i guess )

    good luck sweetiee.

     
  • At 9/17/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    I wonder how do u sleep in the house knowing he's still around!!!

    if the exterminator didn't succeed in killing it , u get urself a mice trap , it's 100% guaranteed.

     
  • At 9/23/2006 6:14 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Funny written, Doshar, indeed. Hope you get rid of it, and don't pay the exterminator extra money! they do not deserve it! Good luck with your mouse!

     
  • At 9/24/2006 5:38 PM, Blogger tota said…

    Kol Sana wi 2nty Tayiba Doshar

     
  • At 9/25/2006 10:06 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    we caught the mouse!

    tota... we enty tayyeba ISA!

     
  • At 9/27/2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    ana ba'7af men el sorsar, yetla3ly faaaaaaaar:))
    Great the you caught the liitle poor thingy:)

    Ramadan Kareen:)

     
  • At 11/06/2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hey Doshar. How are you? Everything ok I hope. Are you coming back soon to the blogging world?

     
  • At 11/07/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    thanx Alina, I know I have been away alot. have not left yet though...

    thanks for dropping by and asking. hope everything is good with you. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home