share some thoughts

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Last Minute Shopping

It is 5:45 pm, and I am sitting here at my computer, when I think I should be doing something else somehow.

It is my best friend's wedding in just about 3 hours time. I should be at least napping so as not to nod off tonight. but this is how it is with these things... I always plan timings a little too optimistically, and end up running around the house for the last hour! My mom usually jokes about it: when are you ever gonna stop running! can't you have everything ready from before and relax at the end? and yet even when I do that, at the end, I still run, and I am usually still late by at least 15 minutes to anything. even if i start getting ready an hour earlier, it is like I am programmed to be 15 minutes late! still, I think I am better than alot of my friends at this.

anyway... it is R's wedding, and the whole family is invited. She has been my friend since 12 or 13, and thus she is practically family now. closest thing to a sister after Roora.

So, she has been telling me about her wedding for 3 months now: it is next month. no it will be next. then, no it will be next month... (see, she is running today too. they have been postponing because they haven't been able to finish their running around either :) )

She kept telling me: I am telling you early aho, so you and Roora can have time if you want to make new dresses or something.

I did not make anything new. didn't have the time or the demagh (mental state) to go look for fabric and design, then keep on going to the tailor. UGGGH i hate it.


So, her wedding is today, and yesterday roora took the day off from work and we both went shopping for last minute dresses. I got one. It was discounted too! but Roora could not like anything she wanted.

She went out again in the afternoon to shop... again no results. She is out this very minute still shopping!

after work today.. i had to go shop for some other stuff....my dress is kind of a wierd metallic purple... so i had to buy the shoes and scarf to match. I even bought the nail polish for it. And both Roora and I have spent quite a bundle. Hope all this running around would turn out well. I really need to sleep right now. I guess I can have some more coffee we khalas.

I hope Roora buys something nice.

Gotta run!

4 Comments:

  • At 3/14/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    I can't believe that you shop only ONE day before the event, and Roora is shopping a couple of hours before it!!! You must be crazy:))
    Tell me for God's sake what kept you so long. I know that you work 7 days a week 13 hours per day but that is not an excuse:))
    Hope you enjoy the party,

     
  • At 3/16/2006 1:48 AM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    hmm, "it is like I am programmed to be 15 minutes late! still, I think I am better than alot of my friends at this".. well that sounds familiar, i must be one of those friends you are "definitely better than"!!! LOL

    Yes ... I do admit i am one of them, but think of it, it is always an unexpected pop up that makes me late, usually Omar connected or house hold connected, but still no excuses. We should all do something about his time mangagemet.. me number one on the list, but honestly doshar, you do have a "nerve" to keep your shopping for an evening dress one day before it! no no no, i would not do that at all! I would have gone mad! Especially that my sizes are very difficult to fine, not to mention the choices offered and moreover the Hijab makes it even more difficult with my size!

    3ala albek enty we Roora mosh marawe7.. takfeefat (mosh one but many) split!!!! LOL ew3y tez3ali! lol big time!

     
  • At 3/16/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Mmmm..i kindda know that these last minutes stuff usually work :))) , what u can make in small time can be huge compared with what u can do in big time esp. if u have deadline for it.

    Good luck and congrats..3o2balek :)

     
  • At 3/18/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    thank you rain. mish kida bardo? engez engez is my opinion. :)

    dallulla we wonderer my dearest:

    i admit 3ala 2alby marawe7 shewaya. but honestly... i wouold not do that if i had not a back up dress to wear just in case.

    also i had looked before (more than a month before) and saw some places and things that could work and in reasonable price, just thought i would go buy them right before the wedding. I had alod looked the day before, and tried out the dress i bought, but went back next day with roora to confirm my opinion.
    as for roora, she had not done the same, and she did not find anyting she liked. so she wore something she had from before we khalas.


    the party was nice. kanet 3ayzakom. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home