share some thoughts

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Belated: Thank you God.. and Congratulations.Alhamdulillah and alf mabrook


Very late I know, but I just had to say this:

Alhamdu lillah rabb el 3alameen. through God's mercy and help, We have been blessed with winning the African cup of nations. congratulations to all Egyptians... not only soccer fans. This time, we all got sucked into it. Everyone. I do not usually follow soccer, but this time I was really hung up on it. So was everyone I know. And children too. The day of the finals, I was in the club earlier, and it seemed everyone had a flag in their hands, or painted on their faces. I was too nervous to watch the whole match. I would close the tv when things get tense.. then open it in a couple of minutes or so to see what happened. Nerves were a mess... but the relief and euphoria of winning were worth it we aktar. next day in the streets, everyone seemed a bit happier. alot of poeple with smiles on their faces. I do not understand much about the plays to criticise... but i do not think we won because we were the best. I think we won because God chose to bestow this gift on us. Alhamdulillah rabb Al 3alameen.

Also Alhamdulillah rabb al 3alameen, for the safe return of the kidnapped egyptian diplomat early this week. Al hamdulillah rabb al 3alameen

3 Comments:

  • At 2/15/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger tota said…

    i'm not a soccer fan, i didnt watch the matches or even the final match .. it's something good that we succeeded to win the Cup this time, i know we should separate btn the moment of happiness & the moment of sorrow, but what happened before the match, during the match & after the match ,,, i really didnt like it at all !!

     
  • At 2/16/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    yeah of course there are alot of unpleasant things thatare going on these days.... things that bring us sorow.

    and as petty as it may seem... just a sports event...

    it can help serve to alleivate some of the pain.

    this is part of our God's mercy.... when hurtful things happen, God gives us someting to help bear it a little.

     
  • At 2/16/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger Nesrina said…

    Hey Doshar,
    Concerning the phenomenal participation and cheering that has been witnessed during the ACN, I guess It’s not possible that all of the sudden we were all interested in football although no one of us has ever been a football fan. I went and attended a game at the stadium and I was surprised about myself, I told someone and he told me it’s called collective energy. But it’s not the only reason,… I believe we wanted to WIN, win anything as a matter of fact, we wanted to be Happy and even though sad events were happening but the resistance and the hunger for achieving ANYTHING has been of great influence.
    Thank god, we needed to believe we can win, and we did… apparently people were frustrated and needed to a push.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home