share some thoughts

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Paradigm Shift


There could be two answers to this question. It could be a very old woman. Or a very young pretty woman.
depends on how you look at it. I have to admit, the first time I saw this picture, I could only see the young woman. The old woman was very hard to spot for me. I was reading about this in the Seven Habits book by stephen Covey. and I closed the book without finding her. I came across the picture again in another book, where they kind of explained how the old woman is in the picture. Then I saw it! and it was hard to see the young woman again. Its purpose was to show how things can be so different, depends on how you look at them. Good advice for a lot of stuff in the world today. You can look at something from one angle and have a view, then if you go and look from another , you would probably find a very different view. It would be best of course when we can see both sides, integrate them then see what the real picture really looks like. Because there is a TRUE image, or lets say it in a better way... a view that would hit closer to the truth of things. But to see it, we have to see all views first.

Funny thing is.... the book said that males were the ones more apt to spot the young woman, the women would recognize the older woman. yet,I recognized the younger woman first.. so?

7 Comments:

  • At 2/02/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    At first I saw the young woman but after a few minutes of concentration I saw the old one:)

     
  • At 2/02/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    The first time I saw this picture, I saw the young woman and then the very old one. Everytime I see it again, the order remains the same..

    As for your theory that we should first be able to see all points of view, that is probably the best way to reach the true meaning of things. You are absolutely right!

     
  • At 2/02/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    I cannot see the old woman at all. I kept staring and staring but maybe i did not stare long enough...

    Guess it's the male in me ha!

    Really i cannot see it!

    About seeing things from different perspectives, it is absolutely true. We should have a wider prespective of things.. Try not to be one track minded and try to see things from different views..

     
  • At 2/03/2006 12:41 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Dalulla,

    Imagine the young woman's hair is the old woman's too. The YW's chin is the OW's nose, the YW's chest is the OW's chin, the YW's ear is the OW's eye.

    Got it?:)

     
  • At 2/03/2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said…

    i had such a picture when i was younger.. but it was for snow white vs. the evil witch.. i used to feel afraid whenever my eyes catches the out lines of the witch, so i tend to hide to the thought : "still snow white looking at me!"
    was naive.. u bet..

     
  • At 2/06/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Me said…

    When I first saw this picture a few months ago I saw the old woman :-/ but then I got to see the young woman ... and now when I look at it .. I can see both !!! (one at a time of course :-P)

     
  • At 2/07/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    yeah irina, that is really wierd. i got your comment, because i get reports of them on my email, then i did not find it on the blog. i thought maybe you had erased it yourself. i changed my password actually incase someone has it and is playing aound. who knows? did that ever happen to anyone else? have comments just disappear?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home