share some thoughts

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

After Omra

just came back on the first day of eid from omra. al hamdulillah for it. did not know if i should talk about it, but it was really great. It is definitely worth sharing.

when i came back alot of people told me: it was so crowded. how could you enjoy anything in so much crowd? it is too tiring to enjoy.

yes it was very crowded. VERY CROWDED. but that was ok. everyone was there for one reason. all had the same thing on their mind, and it collectively becomes more contagous. the more the people, the happier I am. of course considering i have somewhere to pray. I am happy that so many people are there worshipping God. so many people are eager to pray. I hope God has Forgiven them all. and the rest of the umma ya rab.


everyone tries to gain credit. to increase their good deeds. i am not saying there are no exceptions, some people make mistakes of course, but collectively, all are racing to do better.

beginning from the time of iftar, where the people offering each other food could be as many as those taking food, to a smile in the face of your moslem brothers and sisters.

i rememeber the last night in haram. it was 3 am in the eve of eid. there was no tahajjud that night or tarawee7. the crowd was relatively less, and I finally had some time and space to sit close to the ka3ba. i filled a cup of zamzam, and offered a cup to a woman there who was crying. i started walking out. i had a bottle with me, which i wanted to fill to take with me home. i sat by the water barrels to fill it. the nozzle that let let out the water had no space beneath it for the bottle. i realized i can not fill it here. i was just thinking it, when this man just came up, picked up the whole barrel (which is quite heavy) and held it higher than its stand so that i can fill my bottle. he had just seen me and decided to come over and help. he filled it for me, without a word or look and went on his way again.

I said subhan Allah. really He is Al Shakoor. When you do something good for someone, He repays you quickly, and always more than you had given. I had given something trivial, a cup of water. i just handed it over, it wasn't even my water to begin with. and God rewarded me with someone to help me fill a whole bottle. I felt it then, of course because of the place and time, I am paying attention to God. and i realized, that this rule does not only apply in mecca or Ramadan. this is the rule with God. He is Al Shakoor. No good thing you do will go unrewarded. God is not only fair, He is very Generous. Gives you better than you Give, and forgives alot of the bad. trade with God is the best that you can do. Tigara la taboor. He will never be unfair to you. never go back on His word. And will always be The Generous that will give you more than you diserve. If we just follow his path. Do good to others, God will Send you someone to good to you. Help someone out. God will help you out. it is a done deal. hal gazaa' el ihsan illa al ihsan?

10 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2005 11:01 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Doshar,

    Alf 7amdillah 3ala Salamtek. Taqaballah yarabi.

    Yes Allah is AlShakoor sub7anu but He is more than that. He is also AlKarim. And AlMu3ti.

    He doesn't just reward us for what we do. He gives us much, much more than that. El7amdullilah.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do: 7amdela 3al salama, w alf mabrook, tabal allh, w 3o2balana ya rab :)

    Lolou: I agree with you...you are right "He doesn't just reward us for what we do. He gives us much, much more than that" totally right.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 9:53 AM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said…

    Doshar,

    7amdela 3la salmatek. Allahom taqabal & inshallAllah I'll try to do omra soon myself.

    Great post and meaning.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 10:24 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Again ... 7amdellah 3al salam ya Do.. we omra maqboula isA :)

    "hal gazaa' el ihsan illa al ihsan?"

    How so very true...el7amdulilah

     
  • At 11/10/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Btw...

    "he had just seen me and decided to come over and help. he filled it for me, without a word or look and went on his way again."

    this part reminded me of

    "So he watered (their flock) for them. Then he turned aside into the shade, and said: My Lord! I am needy of whatever good Thou sendest down for me." ( 24: Al Qassas)

     
  • At 11/11/2005 12:39 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    to all , may Allah yesallemkom all.3okbalkom all IS Allah. i hope eid was mubarak and happy for all of you

    me; yes, this part reminded me of that story as well. giddan. Quran is full of great amsela

     
  • At 11/11/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Rabena yataqabal mennek insha'Allah.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 9:36 AM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    7amdella 3ala salamtik ya doshar, taqabal allah insha2allah

     
  • At 11/14/2005 11:08 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    tarek, ATC, and wonderer,, allah yesallemkom and thankyou. 3okbalkom if you haven't been there yet.
    hope ramadan here was good for you guys and i hope you had a good eid

     
  • At 11/21/2005 12:31 AM, Blogger tota said…

    Takabbal allah, it was late i know :S

    " it was very crowded, but that was ok. everyone was there for one reason. all had the same thing on their mind, and it collectively becomes more contagous. the more the people, the happier I am"

    i agree with that part

     

Post a Comment

<< Home