share some thoughts

Saturday, September 24, 2005

A recovered poem

I was re-arranging my library the other day, when I came open this poem. It was one of those forwarded emails that I get, and I sometimes print out the ones that I really like. This has probably been sent to me over a year ago, I don’t know by whom, but I found it just now, and its timing is really good. Sub7an Allah. I needed to remember this right now, esp. that Ramadan is coming on ISA. :

"What happened to those days when my faith was strong?
When I wouldn’t dare think of doing anything wrong
When my yaqeen in Allah would lead me through
The good and bad… the old and new

What happened to those days when my du’aa was sincere?
When there was absolutely nothing on Earth that I would fear
When I was certain that Allah was really near
And would run to him and leave all that is dear

What happened to those days when I could read and recite well?
When I bought el janna and this dunya I would sell
When my heart was pure and full of light
When my qiyam was my only source of strength and might


What’s wrong my soul.. why did you fall?
Don’t you know that Allah knows and hears your call?
A little test like this one shouldn’t beat you so
It shouldn’t pull you down to a level so low

Don’t you know that Allah chooses what is best
And that this is all a previously planned test
Don’t you know that He hears your soul.. He hears your cry
He sees you fall .. He sees you sigh

Allah is great.. Allah is Al-Hakeem
His ways are just no matter how dark it may seem

Hold on my soul, to the fireball in your palm
Hold on to it and when it burns act calm
Whenever it falls, bend down and restart
Let those tears fall and wipe your heart

Remember, my soul, the beauty of the promised firdaws
You know it’s your dream to build there a house

Get back on you feet and go back to those days
I know this only a passing phase"

7 Comments:

  • At 9/24/2005 9:51 PM, Blogger roora said…

    doshar, this is a poem that i got before in my email 4 years ago and I posted it from my first posts in the blog, as it really touched me. Whenever I feel down , sob7an Alllah i go and read this poem or duaaa. Obviously it was written in great sincerity and from the heart because I was touched by it and obviously you did and when i posted me did also , it effects us in all the states.

     
  • At 9/25/2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Yes, I read this poem some time ago on Roora's blog, and it touched me too...really needed to read it at that time... was one of the very first posts I commented on.. moved me so much...

    Kol sana wenti tayyeba ya gamila ...

     
  • At 9/26/2005 5:12 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    "And that this is all a previously planned test"

    Christians often have a similar idea - that every detail of what happens in life is preplanned, I guess even the things people do to and for each other. There's no such thing as genuine spontaneity or creativity. It's all being done according to a prearranged map or choreography.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    i am glad you liked it me, and roora bardo :)

    paul,
    yes, it makes us feel safe that we know that all is according to God's will, and all is known and planned beforehand. it is all written already. Good luck to us all

     
  • At 9/27/2005 12:38 PM, Blogger roora said…

    Jade, it is normal that you say things by your mouth and when you come to the real situation or get touched by something , you may act differently.

    We know the rules and we are convinced by , but we are also humans, we just can't help ourselves sometimes to act differently even if we know it by hard.

    Gof forgave you so much and you mislead your way so much , it is good that you feel guilty , it is a good sign.

    Sometimes we do mistakes and we are n't aware that there is something that we should repent for on the first basis.

    This is beside that God is the Most Merciful. We all do mistakes and we ask Him to help us to lead us in the right way and to make us solid on what is right. So take it easy on your self and try just to be solid some how on what you believe is right.

     
  • At 9/28/2005 8:49 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    But to me the ideas of preconception and creativity are in conflict. Does God "paint by numbers," or is God a creator?

    I don't know whether I'll try and go more into this in my posts on gratitude. It's sort of related, but not central.

     
  • At 9/29/2005 10:07 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    preconception and creativity, these might be confusing to you if you think of these and apply them to humans, as with God, things are different.

    we say for eg. "we are creative", when we think of something out of the blue, make it out of nothing", you feel that if we plan it, then we are not, right?

    well God has created this whole universe out of nothing. and everything in it. the fact that He is also the all knowing, so knows before hand what will happen does not interfere.

    small ex. if you "create" a programme", you will still know waht will happen when it works, does not interfere with creativity.

    btw, i do not believe people ever do create things, they observe, improve upon, and link existing ideas together. neevr have we made anything out of nothing at all. each and every invention is a step forward upon an already existing one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home