share some thoughts

Sunday, October 02, 2005

shut down

These past few weeks, I have been mentally overloaded. Even though I might not be actually doing anything so hard, I have several major issues on my mind, all need a lot of mental effort. Too tired. Exhausted actually. Last night I was so beat, I went to bed at 8:30 pm! I don’t even have the mental energy to talk on the phone with my friends anymore. As each topic needs hours if not days of undivided mental attention and analysis, writing about them as I usually do to sort things out is not an option. It would take a decade kida. So I woke up today to find my mind totally numb. Not thinking about any of those things. Can’t. it is as if my mind has taken a vacation. It reminds me of a Dexter’s laboratory cartoon; Dexter was so busy inventing and working, and one day his mind just shut down till it cooled off. In the mean time he was behaving like a dummy. Hope that doesn’t happen here. Well, instead of making a list of all the things that I have to do, organize or analyze, I thought of making a light list instead. My books. (sound like a nerd don’t I), but I do enjoy reading a lot, I get excited like a kid when I hear of a new book store open. Don’t know how some people just don’t get it. Well here goes:


Books I have bought last month:

Mars and Venus starting over
Reader’s digest condensed books
Dave Barry talks back
The world’s worst mistakes
The world almanac
Tom Clancy’s Op-Center Line of Control
Big trouble
The Talbot Odyssey
Kissat al diyanat (story of religions)
3abkareyyat al siddik
fatawa el mar2a al moslema

books I have read last month;

Song of the beast
The bone doll twin (does anyone have part 2 or 3?)
Harry potter and the half blood prince

Am reading :

Mars and Venus starting over (tougher on me than I thought)
Dave Barry talks back (for light reading before bed)
The Quran (never ends)
Tons of articles!!

Need to start: Later when I am done with the zillion things on my mind

El ra7eek el makhtoom
7 habits of highly effective people


need to buy:

The dark tower part 7 Stephen King
Part 2 and 3 of the Tamir triad (part one: the bone doll twin)

I think most of my regular activities would change a bit in Ramadan, as will my priorities. Will try to stick to Quran this month, and my work related stuff.

Ok, I think I need a cup of coffee right now. After which I guess I will go to sleep? Very tempting, but it is only 6:30 pm! well, I’ll see :)

3 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Dave Barry has written some hilarious stuff. He did a book about the supposed history of the US and another state by state travel guide that makes fun of all the things about each state that are lousy, of course with lots of exaggeration...

    Watch out if he ever visits Egypt!

     
  • At 10/03/2005 5:28 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Doshar, I am trying to write down things that I have to do. It sometimes works, other times, I just have the things I didn't do very clear to make me feel guilty! :) Actually, I am planning to buy and read more books, lots of them school related. As for my mind going numb, just when I finished night shifts and got all the sleep I needed, I cought a cold...So my mind is on low resources mode again!

    Coffee, yeah, i am using that as a medicine as well, along with tea.

     
  • At 10/03/2005 10:54 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    paul, yeah you actually told me about that book before. and I looked it up at the book store when i went, but no such luck.

    it would actually be fun to see what he has to say after coming to Egypt. most americans are in total shock of the driving. i rememeber this engineering professor who was riding with me, and every time the car swerved, so did he in his chair! he was amazed at the fact that we can drive here and chat at the same time.

    kayla, noticed from your posts that you are low on brain power these days because of thelack of sleep. and sometimes a ton of coffe does not work, you just have to sleep. current state right now: dying to sleep again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home