share some thoughts

Monday, November 14, 2005

I sure will miss you Rim

Rim is travelling to the States tomorrow. She is getting married there, Rabbena yebareklaha ya Rab. And of course she will live there. So i am happy for her, yet I am gonna miss her. The states, not as close as i would like. I don't know why my friends are scatterring all over the world like this! nana is in Canada,Rim is going to the states, 3 of my best friends are in Saudi.gheir my cousins in the states, dubai,London, bahrein, and kuwait. Well we have to admit, el hamdulillah for the Internet. it keeps things connected shewayya.

I remember when i first met her 6 years ago, in a ramadan fitar. she was introduced to me as Rima. that was her nickname, but for some reason i thought that was her real name. and i have her till this day on my phone by that name. when someone would call her Rim, i would think that that is the nickname, not the other way around!

till a couple of years ago, when we were travelling to Turkey together, and i took her passport to give to the travel company, and voila; her name is Rim! I told my parents: hey her name is Rim! and they told me: you are travelling abroad with her, do you really know her at all???

ghariba kanet giddan. I knew her very well tab3an, and we were good friends, and we had travelled together before, but in Egypt, just nothing formal came up for me to see her ID!

anyway, she is leaving tomorrow. I was with her yesterday and we were shopping for some stuff. and i realized this is probably the last i see of her for some time. odd feeling. All her details were highlighted for me all of a sudden. to keep in memory. felt bad that these last few months we were both busy or preoccupied, so we did not spend much time together. time steals our life away, and we don't even know it.

back at her house, i wanted to stay with her some more, but i wanted her to spend some quality time with her mom, plus to rest a bit. So i left and hugged her tight and told her to come back soon!

I really feel for her mom. She is trying to be strong of course, but God knows how she really feels. She cried a bit on Thursday in her henna when she thought no one was looking. Elel and I promised each other that we will not leave her, and would visit her often. hope it does some good.

an only daughter, tough to part with. she has another son, but forgive me, i don't think it is just the same. a daughter is also a friend and companion. I am glad she works, so she can have something to keep her busy. ISA God will help her out.

to you Rima, hope you have a great life ISA, and I do hope you come back often to visit. And we are gonna miss you.

Estawda3tek Allah allazy la tadee3 3endaho el wada2e3

3 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Allah yewafa2ha ya Rab...
    things like that happen all the time ya Do... friends leaving... daughters getting married off far away...c'est la vie...isA it's for the best...

    On my last visit to Libya I bought a small "giftbook for friends" for my best friend there... had a couple of quotes I'd like to share with you...

    "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and the longitudes..."
    Henry David Thoreau

    "When a person that one loves is in the world and alive and well...then to miss them is only a new flavour, a salt sharpness in experience"
    Winifred Holtby

     
  • At 11/14/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger Charisma said…

    Doshar, thats so sweet, ya riet many people are like you.
    very thoughtful of you to keep on visiting her mom, thats a very simple and unique gesture.

    rabena yewafa' your friend, and yehawen 3alieki bo3daha.

     
  • At 11/18/2005 5:22 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I wish the best of luck to your friend and also lots of strength to her mother. The only time that I said good-bye like that to an old friend was back in secondary school, but I still remember how lonly I felt without my best friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home