share some thoughts

Thursday, July 21, 2005

blogging

A friend of mine talked me into this blogging business. At first, I thought it is a great way to "share some thoughts". In general, when something is bothering me, I usually right it down. It is easier to see, analyze and put my thoughts together. I have tons and tons of stuff that I had written. It was not the "I went shopping today" type of journal, rather the "why did this happen? Or why am I upset at this?" type.

The writing really helped me a lot. Especially when there are so many questions about a certain topic. I realized that when I sort them out on paper, they cease to come up again. And if they do, I don't spend hours getting to the logic that answers my questions (I had already done it before), and so I just read it. And things get calm.

thought this would be the same with blogging. I was mistaken. I have found it is quite difficult for me to write down my inner most feelings and ideas on the world wide web. Especially if they are related to me personally rather than general observations. I can give general questions about something relevant to me, but not my deepest most perplexing questions. My journal is still needed with the good old paper and pen. When something is really weighing on me,I usually turn to God for guidance and relief. He is always there to listen. He understands what is inside me more than myself. He is the Merciful. And He is the only one to really help. And yes He has,so many times. Funny, I wasn't intending when I started writing this post to make it about God, but I guess, ultimately, everything is. Even when I am upset or confused about something, I ask God to help me feel better about something, or show me the right way when I am confused.

but hey, I found blogging to have a very different but also very rewarding purpose. I can share with people, period. Doesn't have to be my own trouble or worries or even normal stuff. I have an outlet for that el hamdo li Allah. But u can share other things. And nothing makes me happier than maybe reaching someone else. That is probably why I sometimes enjoy writing in other blogs more than mine.

p.s. also, I kind of had this dream when I was younger to be a writer, so it does give me a chance at that. I don't know if I suck or not. But I like doing it.

11 Comments:

  • At 7/21/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said…

    I used to write in forums before I was introduced to blogs. I kinda liked it, felt that I manage to express myself in words. Before that I thought I'm not good at writing. Umm.. I'm still not good, but day after day I'm learning.

    I believe that turning to God is such a relieving thing to do. But only when your connection with God is good.

    Once I was talking with friends of mine, and I told them, I tend to worry more these days coz I kinda lost my connection with God.

     
  • At 7/21/2005 8:58 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    " tend to worry more these days coz I kinda lost my connection with God"

    don't worry. re-connect!! it is easier than you think

     
  • At 7/22/2005 8:44 AM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Doshar,

    I read recently that people who find relief in writing are intellectuals. So I guess that means we are all geniuses:)

     
  • At 7/22/2005 1:44 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Keep doing it. Rest every thing will follow.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Set up a protest against terrorism tomorrow in the streets of Cairo. Do it. Call everyone you know, join together, link up this Egyptian blogosphere and to the streets.

    Karim Elsahy

     
  • At 7/23/2005 5:02 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    I think I know what you mean. For years I kept a journal using pen and paper, and that was, so to speak, much more between me and God. But it also improved my writing, and, like you say, it definitely helped clarify my own thoughts. The journal eventually turned into a springboard for a book manuscript.

    Blogging is so much more public, that, like you, I find that it's a different sort of thing. I'm not "mulling things over," but putting something out there that has to make some degree of sense to others when they read it. I guess the handwritten or private journal is a more introspective thing.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 5:10 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    But Loulou, not all intellectuals are geniuses. I've even noticed that some are pretty dumb. Not talking about anyone I've met in the blogosphere, but in school.

    Intellectuals can be good at fooling themselves. They have a lot of words and logical connections to use for telling themselves and others lies. Not most intellectuals, but some.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 7:24 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Paul,

    I think an intellectual is someone who responds to life with their intellect - rather than with their emotions/instincts/prejudices. Intellectuals try to be objective where others are subjective. If you do that successfully then you can't be a fool I don't think. Assuming of course that you have a well-developed intellect.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 10:04 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    irina, you are right to a great extent. we can't see things totally objectively except if they mean absolutely nothing to you.

    but i guess even if we see things subjectively a bit, if we realize and identify our own subjectivity, we can still see the objective point of view even though we don't totally feel like it.

    and in some situations you can make the objective decision when relying on somethings next to our feelings, like what religion's stand would be, what other people would advise, etc.

    that is why council is very important.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    looulou,

    i guess what paul was referring to as intellects is people who just use the intellect linguo, or get into intellectual talks as a show off method sometimes.

    i think what you are referring to in intellectual is people who like to use their head, therefore like to read, think, research and know. and they do it because they llike it and it comes naturally.
    i agree with you that it probably has something to do with IQ. your IQ doesn't really change with reading. i think the association is that with high IQs, you would like to read because you would actually understand and be stimulated with what you read. thank God for our brains.

    btw, speaking of IQs, you know a good test on line?

    i had a view but they were quite different, and i don't think they measure sheer brain power rather than general information and linguistic ability.

     
  • At 7/23/2005 10:26 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    irina, interesting liguistic interpretation. i was thinking when i read your comment about the actual meaning of objectivity. means not affected by emotions or personal opinion. but every point of view has to be coming from somewhere. i guess it applies if it is the point of view of most people?? yes i see what you mean, that it is more a matter of degree.

    i liked your comments at paul's last post by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home