share some thoughts

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Innocent love

today I visited my best friend's kids. she has been in canada for a few months now and i pass by her kids at her mom's from time to time. i was quite regular at first then i kind of laid back. of course she keeps telling me to go see them. that they ask about me and would love to see me. her little girls are 2 and 4 yrs old .

well today i finally went over to see them after work. didn't know that i had missed them so much till i saw them. i used to go to my friend's place like 3 times a week, and i was like an aunt or mother figure to them. when i knocked the door and i heard them running to the door to open for me i felt bad for staying away so long. as soon as they opened the door they just kept on hugging me and talking and talking about me and their mother. i guess i was a strong reminder of their mother's presence. and seeing their smiles and laughs and hapiness at seeing me were very refreshing. they just jumped on my lap and followed me everywhere i went and were very excited. my nephews are like that but i thought it was because i am their aunt and i kind of spoil them rotten. they probably miss their mom, and their grandmother is a bit too old to play with them much. my maternal instincts really shot to the sky today, even though they are never really that sumberged. i think being a mother is the most natural thing in the world. it can be in its own very fulfilling.

what is more wonderful than a child's love? it is so pure and innocent and sincere. it has no hidden motives or pretences in it. if a child loves you, you can know that you truly are loved. and of course if they hate you, they don't hide it. and when you love a child, you don't want anything out of it either except make them happy. a mother's love is one of the most selfless types of love there is. thank God for it.

7 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2005 8:31 AM, Blogger Twosret said…

    I'm actually looking forward to meet you Doshar in Jan. :)

    Did someone say Harry Potter?! :)

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    nana i miss you alot!

    twosret
    looking forward to see you too .

    harry potter? yeah, i've been waiting for this book for months!
    are you a fan too?

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:19 AM, Blogger Alina said…

    Hi, Doshar! I'm finally back! Very nice post, indeed! The love of a child is one of the best things in life because it is innocent and so very honest.

     
  • At 7/18/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    welcome back kayla. thanx alot. love of children does touch us.

    looking forward to your posts again!

    grumble fish, thank you. i am glad you liked it.

    plz drop by more often

     
  • At 7/18/2005 7:02 PM, Blogger M said…

    your post is very touching. it too made me cry though i don't really know you. (well, even little things make me cry easily these days.)

    anyway, i'd like to say thank you. you have touched me with your comments, and made me realize even more how precious and special my children are. i love them very much, but i know that sometimes i don't recognize ENOUGH how incredibly precious they are and that makes me feel guilty. children are indeed wonderful gifts to parents and to humanity in general...no words can give justice to how precious they really are.

     
  • At 7/18/2005 10:27 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    hope you are happy always mj. hope your children are indeed a joy to you.

    i'll keep an eye on your blog. :)

     
  • At 7/18/2005 11:52 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Children are real.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home