share some thoughts

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The children

Why the children? The children in iraq who were killed, why?
It makes me so angry. And very very sad. What have these children ever done to you or anyone? What have they done period?

How can someone harm a child, a child who does nothing, knows nothing and is innocent and vulnerable! How could these people live with themselves, I don’t know. All bloodshed is a very big thing, but children is by far the worst. My heart is hurting for these kids, and their families. And for humanity in general. What is this world coming to?

I sometimes see children playing and feel for them. They have no idea what kind of world they are living in and I am wary of the day they find out. And moreover, the world now is turmoil, on the brink of something, I have this feeling of foreboding. What will the world be like when these children grow up? Is it gonna be much worse? I hope not, i am trying to stay optimistic, but it is getting harder. I am not a mother, but yet I worry about my unborn children. I ask God to protect and watch over them. I don’t want these children to grow up and suffer what we have done. Reap the fruits of today. What will they think of us? Will they hate us for making this world what it is today?

Was the world always like this? Was there always so much evil and ugliness in the world?

Evil is ancient I know. And so is murder. Starting with Kane and Abel. But I think the ratio of good to evil is really changing. Murder has become so common and normal, but is is not a normal thing! It is a grave grave crime. Human life is precious and valuable, and not to be shed in vain. I really support capital punishment. What you do, shall be done to you…. I think that is the only thing that can sometimes stop someone from killing. (if their conscience and empathy are totally dead).

Please God save us

5 Comments:

  • At 7/15/2005 8:14 AM, Blogger LouLou said…

    Doshar,


    You mean this ?

    "How can someone harm a child, a child who does nothing, knows nothing and is innocent and vulnerable! "

    Terrorists don't usually have a personal problem with their victims Do. They don't kill you because of what you do. They know you're innocent. They just do it to create a state of chaos & show that the government is helpless to protect its people & so weaken the government. To them your life or my life is just a useful political pawn. To them their cause is worth any number of innocent lives.

     
  • At 7/15/2005 1:16 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    yeah that was the incident i was talking about. it makes me feel so helpless.

    i know what you are saying, but i know every person has some humanity in them, right? i am starting to think i am really naive. i know this is how they think, yet i don't understand it.

     
  • At 7/15/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger LouLou said…

    "i know what you are saying, but i know every person has some humanity in them, right? "

    But humanity is not pure good is it?Evil is part of human nature. We must be aware of it if we want to control it.

    "i know this is how they think, yet i don't understand it.
    "

    Why bother to understand it?Do you think such people deserve any understanding?I don't believe in wasting time trying to psychoanalyze them. They must be stopped. They are like an apple that has gone rotten. Don't try to understand the rot. Just get rid of it.

     
  • At 7/15/2005 7:37 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    One thing I like to remind myself of is that human history, and not just our own brief lives, is very short.

    So far, I think how human beings have conducted themselves is a mixed picture. In times like these, things look really bad, but our perspective is limited...

     
  • At 7/18/2005 3:46 AM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    Doshar,
    Loulou is right.. those people are rotten bad.. They obviously are not worth thinking of..
    But we could help out by helping those who could become like one of those. If we stumble on any one who is ignorant we should try to help them understand.. or we could begin some sort of charity general knowledge in our societies about different matters such as religion and current political affairs. To understand the difference between wanting to be a real patriot and becoming a terrorist!

    Lots to say here, but I got to run!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home