share some thoughts

Monday, December 19, 2005

Gift package at Pasqua!

"God sometimes gives you gifts in these small hidden packages."

I remember this statement, said to me by my friend O. a couple of years back. She was going through a hard time then (as was I) and she was telling me about how sometimes God gives you small gifts here and there, besides some very big ones of course, but the small gifts, are sometimes given in hidden packages. When you get them, you feel really happy, because small as they may be, you know they are Gifts form God, and in that you feel they are worth the world; because they may mean that God loves you, and wants to put a smile on your face. That is the biggest gift of all. and Indeed we all get these gifts, every day, we smile when we get them , and then, being what we are, we simply forget about them. One of these i got yesterday, and I thought, I should rememeber it. I have thought about it before, when these things happen, that i should note them. SO when not feeling Good I can reflect on them, and remember God's generosity and kindness to us. This one I share with you.

I had planned to go pass by Dalulla at Pasqua ( a coffee shop in lebanon street) after work. Going down the street, I remembered that swiza is down that road. I really love their mint chocolate. actually I love all mint chocolate, but i do not find them very often. After Eight has become rediculously expensive for everyday candy. So i thought: ok, I will stop by and get some, even if it is just a 100 grams. I just want the taste. Well, as it was, the street was very crowded and I could not find a parking place, so i just thought, " ah well.. another time then".

I got to Pasqua, and sat with Dalulla. I was not planning to get anything much except lemonade or something, then i decided to get a latte instead. The latte came,and next to it sat this small little package. tiny square flat package. I asked what is this? a chocolate? alot of coffee shops give you a small piece of brownie or biscuit with coffee. I opened it and voila: A mint chocolate!

That made me so happy. I had wanted exactly that. And that is exactly what I got, without even asking for it. It may seem trivial to many, just a piece of chocolate, but for me, it was so much more. It was a gift from God. Here is what you wanted. :)

God is so kind to us. And more, He knows each and every one of your heart's desires. God is the one that is able to give you that and no one else. All of us get these gifts all the time, and we smile when they happen, and think.. oh we are lucky. I think it is not luck. It is God. Al hamdulillah Rabb El3alamein.

I would like to think that I would record more of these. I am sure everyone gets these gift packages, wish everyone would remember them.

8 Comments:

  • At 12/19/2005 10:10 PM, Blogger roora said…

    you reminded me by one of my colleagues when we were in a trip and she wanted to buy a hat ...and then we entered a place and we went back out to find that the shop that was selling the hat she liked the most closed , and there is no way to return to it back. In the morning in the hotel she was still upset for the hat , and just before she leaves she found a shop in the hotel selling exactly her hat!! she told me , ana mabeeny we mabeen God 3mar , (sort of connection ) .. I smiled and I wondered , because from my point of view the hat thing is trival ..but yet not trival for her. Every one sometimes have trival things that make difference in his/her life, God knows the best.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 11:31 PM, Blogger Wonderer said…

    Every time I go to pasqua I order a hazelnut cappuccino, and it comes with this tiny chocolate mint square. However, I always give it to my friend coz I don't like it, I prefer the dark chocolate or chocolate with raisins:)
    So, don't worry, next time when we meet at pasqua I will give you mine:) but you have to get me a dark chocolate bar instead:)

    BTW, I was just wondering do you discuss your posts with Roora or does she read it like us on the net:)

     
  • At 12/20/2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    Doshar,
    This is a really beautiful and God thanking post!

    By the way, I was at Pasqua again today, as usual, had to pass by for my latte, and guess what! I saved the chocolate for you instead of eating it up! I thought of how happy you were and decided to save it for you. Then tonight i decided to look around the blogs since i hadn't for some time, and there it was.. This post.. 7abebty, the chocolate is safe with me till we meet again.. I totally understood what you meant in principle about the post, but sub7an Allah i had already saved it up for you early this after noon. :-) hope we can meet soon isa.

    Waiting to meet up with Wonderer as well! Maybe we can all go there together soon isa.

     
  • At 12/20/2005 4:46 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    roora, yeah, you know what i mean. we share some of those moments you and I.

    wonderer: ok great. it is a deal. you give me your mint and i will give you some dark chocolate. el mohem ashoofek! ah roora reads the posts like everyone else. You would be surprised how little we see each other.. and then we talk about other stuff. It is fun to read each other's stuff on the blogs.

    dalulla... merci habibty. ow3y takleeha!!!

     
  • At 12/21/2005 1:21 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Sub7an Allah... so many times God shows us He's there and with us... yet many people don't seem to notice!!! Though it's sometimes these little things that move us most... and make us feel that Rabena is "really m3ana" ...

    PS. I'm not really into mint chocolate... so I'll give you mine too :-D

     
  • At 12/22/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    :)
    Your post made me smile , it's tiny thing but really effective and can actually lighten up the day .

    When I get these tiny gifts I feel lucky and loved.

    God bless you dear Doshar

     
  • At 12/23/2005 3:22 PM, Blogger Charisma said…

    How sweet Doshar :)

    wl i cant recall of recieving similar gifts, but the biggest gift that od has sent me is D, and im ever so grateful to god for having him, whateveri do wont be enough to thank god for such a wonderful man.

    As for chocolate, i love chocolate of all kinds, except dark and nuts and raisins, finally ONE difference between me and wonderer!

     
  • At 12/27/2005 11:56 PM, Blogger Dalulla said…

    finally Doshar got her mint chocolate while visiting me at home today! See doshar, I did not eat it.

    I saved it for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home